Since its inception in September 2016, TikTok has grown in popularity significantly. It was formerly known as Muscil.ly before becoming TikTok. Since then, Tiktok has grown into a social media epidemic, with a large number of content creators using the platform to express their creativity; it has become a safe refuge for creators!
However, just like every program, they are susceptible to bugs and lags. That is why various apps release a new update every few months, just to mitigate the frequency of the lags.
With over 500 million users, TikTok has shown its appeal, but it also means it is highly susceptible to lags or stops working at times – but don’t worry, I have some helpful solutions specifically for you!
Why is my TikTok not working?
There are several reasons why your Tiktok may stop working; it may be related to the app or internet issues, and others:
Issues related to the app are mostly related to the cache and junk files, and they can easily be resolved by;
1. Open your mobile settings.
2. Go to Application.
3. Then search TikTok.
4. Now “Clear cache” and “Clear data” of the TikTok app.
5. Restart your mobile device.
6. Switch on the app.
Issues related to the internet:
More often than not, our TikTok stop working because of the bad network, which could be a result of prolonged internet connection and weak signals. However, this issue can be resolved from the comfort of your sofa, just follow these few steps:
- Check your phone’s internet connection and make sure you are connected to the internet.
- If your phone or device has an active internet connection, you can refresh or reload your TikTok app.
- If the error still persists after following the steps above then go to your mobile settings.
- Search for the TikTok >>> App Permission>>>Enable access to Wifi & mobile data.
- After this simply restart your phone and open TikTok.
TikTok still not working? Try these quick fixes.
Update the TikTok app:
Just like every other app out there, there is always a new update released which is important for bug fixes and lags, plus there are always new features. I mean, who wouldn’t want to be surprised with new features? So, if you experiencing any lag or crashes, you can try updating your app.
Visit the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone to update TikTok.
Here’s how to do so:
- Launch Play Store or App Store on your phone and search for TikTok.
- If there’s an available update for the TikTok app, you’ll see the Update Click on it and update your TikTok app.
Now, launch TikTok after installing the update to check if it fixes the issue.
Check the TikTok app permissions:
Every app requires permissions to function properly. TikTok also requires some permission to make it work efficiently. In cases you didn’t allow TikTok to access some of its prerequisite permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, etc., you won’t be able to use the app to its full potential.
Follow these steps below to allow necessary permissions for your TikTok app.
- Launch Settings on your phone and click Apps & notifications.
- Click on the option to view all installed apps, then locate and open TikTok.
- Click on the Permissions tab and allow all necessary ones.
Now, launch the TikTok app to see if the issue has been fixed.
Uninstall and reinstall the TikTok app:
Still no positive response? Then It is time to start afresh. If other apps on your phone are working perfectly but TikTok just won’t emulate its companion, it means the app is faulty and you need to uninstall and reinstall it!
If you didn’t install the TikTok app directly from the Play Store, perhaps you transferred the APK file from a friend’s phone, and you’re liable to face issues while using TikTok on your phone. To avoid such problems, we recommend you uninstall and reinstall the TikTok app directly from the Play Store. Follow these steps to do so.
- Open the Play Store on your Android phone and search for TikTok.
- On the TikTok app page on Play Store, you’ll find options to launch, uninstall, or update it. Click on Uninstall to delete TikTok from your phone.
- After a few minutes, click on the Install button to reinstall TikTok on your phone.
After installing TikTok, launch it and sign-in to your account. If you can successfully navigate and watch the funny TikTok videos now, that means you’ve successfully fixed the issue. Congratulations!
This is another solution for TikTok lagging. This could be because a background process does not allow TikTok to work usually and causes videos not to play properly. Because of that process, the TikTok app results in stopping the played video. Circumventing this issue is a piece of cake! Android users can easily overcome this issue by following the steps below:
For android users only.
- Open the settings icon from your phone.
- Find Applications or Apps from settings options.
- Choose TikTok after finding it in Apps.
- From the application’s information page (App info), click on the force stop.
On iOS devices, it is very easy to force stop an app rather than on android devices.
For iOS users only:
- The first step is to open the Application manager of your device.
- Then find the TikTok app and swipe it up, down, right, or left, whichever turns away the app from the app bar. This swiping is equivalent to the force stop of the app on android devices.
Is TikTok restricted in your country?
Recently, TikTok has been banned in some countries. That means, if you live in a country where TikTok is banned or restricted, you won’t be able to use the app as intended.
Also, TikTok itself has some restrictions based on ages. Users below the age of 13 can’t create or comment on content.
NOTE: The account of kids between the ages of 13-15 is set to private by default. Means just their followers can comment on their content, and users are not allowed to make a duet with them.
So, if you fall under any of these categories, you would not be able to use TikTok as intended.
With these few steps, overcoming the Tiktok-related issues is no longer an issue. Just follow the above workable and easy-to-understand solutions above.
Finally, If you liked this post then give us your feedback in a comment and share it with your friends.